What Qualifies as a Michigan Made Product?
- Products nominated for the Coolest Thing Made in Michigan can be from any sector of the state’s manufacturing industry.
- The company that makes the product does not have to be headquartered in Michigan, but the product must be manufactured in Michigan.
- Products must be made using a manufacturing process.
Who Can Make a Nomination?
All are encouraged to nominate their favorite Michigan-made products. Self-nomination is strongly encouraged. (MMA staff members are excluded from nominating). There is no limit to the number of product nominations per person or per manufacturer.
How Many Products Can a Company Have in the Competition?
There is no limit to the number of product nominations per company, but only one product per company can be featured in the Top 10
How Will a Company Know I Nominated Something It Makes?
Companies with products nominated for Coolest Thing Made in Michigan will be notified by MMA.
How Does Voting Work?
- Call for Nominees: From June 14 to August 19, we are looking for Cool Products to be nominated for recognition.
- Voting Round 1: From September 7 through September 20 voters may select their top 4 favorite products per day in this round of voting. The top 10 products receiving the highest number of votes will advance to the next round.
- Voting Round 2: From September 26 through October 7, the second round of voting will feature the top 10 products from voting round 1. Voters may select 1 product per day. The top product from this round will determine the winner.
- New in 2022– Top 3: The Top 3 finalists will be spotlighted and the ultimate winner will be announced at the 2022 MFG Excellence Awards event on November 10, 2022.